QUOTE from Dr Fung:
1. If you don’t feel well, stop immediately.
Listen to your body and break your fast if you need to.
2. You’re welcome to use all or none of our fasting training wheels! If you can fast with just water, that’s great. If you need some coffee with cream and bone broth, that’s great, too. If you can only do 16 hours of each fast day, that’s OK, too! Go at your own pace.
3. Remember, progress not perfection! Be kind to yourself. Your fasting muscle will get stronger over time. 
Please see “What if I have diabetes?” for particular concerns for type 2 diabetics.
NOTE – What does it say?
If you are not well it is perfectly acceptable to stop fasting. In addition, I find that there are times when I am very upset emotionally and also need to stop fasting. I find I need to reduce my stress and then return to fasting with a calm and centered mind. Recovering alcoholics refer to “H.A.L.T.” – the times it is hard to choose to remain sober are when you are Hungry, Angry, Lonely and Tired. The latter three also interfere with the sobriety of fasting.
Dr. Fung offers a variety of what are called training wheels which are techniques and tips to make fasting easier. (See 10.30.09)
Finally, at all times while you were fasting, please don’t be too perfectionistic or critical of yourself. It’s a habit and a lifestyle and it takes time to fully implement it in your life.
Rule #1: If you don’t feel well, stop immediately.
Rule #2: Go at your own pace.
Rule #3: Progress not perfection! Be kind to yourself.
1. What gets your attention?
2. What does it say about Reality? (Any misperceptions to correct?)
3. What does it say that I need to obey? (What should be added to my strategy?)
4. How can I incorporate what is true into my Disciplines? (Specific methods?)
5. What questions do I have for the experts? What might be the answers?
SOURCE – Footnotes:
 Quote from https://thefastingmethod.com/group-fasts/, Dr Fung’s teaching website.
Please review the page How and Why We Use Quotes.
Key: Fung-10-30.02 Last Revision: 07/21/2020