QUOTE from Dr Fung (emphasis mine): “What can I take on fasting days? ALL CALORIE-CONTAINING FOODS and beverages are withheld during fasting. However, you must stay well hydrated throughout your fast. Water, both still and sparkling, is always a good choice. Aim to drink two liters of water daily. As a good practice, start every day with 8 ounces of cool water …
NOTE – What does it say?
Fasting is NOT about decreasing calories. The absence of food over a period of time creates changes in how our body processes nutrients. So a snack defeats this process and may cause the body to reset all over again.
ALL CALORIE-CONTAINING FOODS and beverages are withheld during fasting.
On off switch … not a volume control
Aim to drink two liters of water daily.
STRATEGY: Aim to drink two liters of water daily.
1. What gets your attention?
2. What does it say about Reality? (Any misperceptions to correct?)
3. What does it say that I need to obey? (What should be added to my strategy?)
4. How can I incorporate what is true into my Disciplines? (Specific methods?)
5. What questions do I have for the experts? What might be the answers?
SOURCE – Footnotes:
 Quote from The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss by Dr. Jason Fung; Greystone Books (March 3, 2016). Page . Kindle location:
Please review the page How and Why We Use Quotes.
Key: Fung-10-30.24 Last Revision: 07/19/2020