QUOTE from Dr Fung (emphasis mine):
“What is Insulin Resistance protecting us from?
The very name reveals the answer. Insulin Resistance. It’s a reaction against excessive insulin. The body develops resistance to protect us from the too much insulin. Said another way, insulin causes insulin resistance. But the primary problem is the excessive insulin, not the insulin resistance. The tissues (heart, nerves, kidney, eyes) are all increasing their resistance to protect themselves from insulin’s toxic delivery. The disease is not insulin resistance. The disease is hyperinsulinemia.” 
NOTE (my commentary)
Insulin Resistance. It’s a reaction against excessive insulin.
The tissues (heart, nerves, kidney, eyes) are all increasing their resistance to protect themselves from insulin’s toxic delivery.
1. What gets your attention?
2. What does it say about Reality? (Any misperceptions to correct?)
3. What does it say that I need to obey? (What should be added to my strategy?)
4. How can I incorporate what is true into my Disciplines? (Specific methods?)
5. What questions do I have for the experts? What might be the answers?
SOURCE – Footnotes:
 Chapter Three: What causes Type 2 diabetes? – Dr Jason Fung, in Diabetes Unpacked: Just Science and Sense. No Sugar Coating by Tim Noakes, Jason Fung, et. al.
Photo by Diabetes Care, Insulin, via Flickr
Please review the page How and Why We Use Quotes.
Fung-10-31.42 Origin: Last Revision: 07/21/2020