QUOTE from Dr Fung (emphasis mine):
230 Dietary protein is digested into amino acids. Excess amino acids cannot be stored so they are converted into glucose by the liver. Therefore, avoid eating excessive protein as this, too only adds sugar to the body. Protein shakes, protein bars, and protein powders should all be avoided. Instead focus on eating lots of vegetables and natural healthy fats. A moderate intake of protein is optimal.” 
NOTE (my commentary)
Therefore, avoid eating excessive protein as this, too only adds sugar to the body.
A moderate intake of protein is optimal.
1. What gets your attention?
2. What does it say about Reality? (Any misperceptions to correct?)
3. What does it say that I need to obey? (What should be added to my strategy?)
4. How can I incorporate what is true into my Disciplines? (Specific methods?)
5. What questions do I have for the experts? What might be the answers?
SOURCE – Footnotes:
 Chapter Three: What causes Type 2 diabetes? – Dr Jason Fung, in Diabetes Unpacked: Just Science and Sense. No Sugar Coating by Tim Noakes, Jason Fung, et. al.
Photo by grobery, Mediterranean diet (close up), via Flickr.com
Please review the page How and Why We Use Quotes.
Fung-10-31.43 Origin: Last Revision: 07/21/2020