Deep Word Writing Project Template
Note – What does it say?
What gets your attention?
What human needs or problems are addressed?
What questions do you have?
What solution or hope does it offer?
What does it say that we need to obey?
What would a camera see if this happened?
Who needs to hear this?
What are the actual steps that I would take?
SOURCES & RESOURCES
This post, and others in this series, are based on the book Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport (publication details), and as a group are a review of the important ideas and of the entire book. I was also privileged to take the online course title taught by ***authors and presented through ***website, which enhanced my understanding of the subject which I am now applying to my own profession, the work of the local church pastor.
Please review the page How and Why We Use Quotes.-
Key: Deep Word_#. Last Revision:
FLOW (Clarity of) Goals:
Satisfaction level today:
Set up plans to allow flow …
Achieve GTD Engagement and Execution clarity: WTD.
Plan for the 8 requirements of flow.
Outline the necessary planning steps to create the path toward conclusion.
THE PLAYING FIELD & RULEBOOK
1. Clarity of goals* and immediate feedback*
2. A high level of concentration on a limited field*
3. Balance between skills and challenge. Do-able. Within reach.#
4. FLOW: Go down the checklist* (at your best speed#) and SCORE!
FLOW CHECKLIST #1
1. Select item for focus now.
2. Add template
THIS IS THE PLAYING FIELD
3. Review quote … fix typos.
4. Title and subheads – draw game boundary lines (highlighted quotes)
GENERATE MATERIAL – RUN PLAYS
Template questions – SOW Questions – Monroe’s Mountain questions – Heath Made to Stick questions = plays
9. Conclusion – 2 yard line. Call to Action.
10. Editorial review – Spell check
11. Publish and celebrate
AoI/CS: Deep Work = read and respond to my own writing.
Deep Word is defined as deep work reached by pleasureable flow and ends in publication, typically on my blog. It is an extension of my preaching ministry.
MBA Purpose: As an architect of ideas, I add value to information
1. from a variety of sources (input),
2. to provide innovative spoken and written solutions (product)
3. for intense and widespread human problems (market)
4. in harmony with God’s will (evaluative process).
Use plans to measure enthusiasm and pleasure.
Turn partly done categories and ideas into project blog post templates.
I can then ask … do I want to do this … complete this? Begin this?
- a1Move2_RealityDisciplines (35)
- aaNow (3)
- aSmitford (21)
- aTransfer to RD (106)
- aUncategorized (2)
- Blogging 301 – 2022 (4)
- Box of Uncategorized (4)
- IDM/Jason Fung and Fasting (72)
- N+S Fung (39)
- Warehouse (Misc) (116)
- Workbench (377)
- Architect of Ideas (7)
- Bookshelf (1)
- Productivity Bin (240)
- Thoughts (Via Facebook) (14)
- YouTube Informed (1)
- zBLOGGING 101 (121)
- zDark (134)
- zTemplates (30)
- zTransfer Bin (17)
- 4,488 hits
MilestoneRead All Blogs by EasterApril 17, 2022What is my evaluation?